Romana’s Pilates® Independent Instructor Training Program (IITP) is available at Pure Pilates’ Ft. Lauderdale under the direction of IITP Level 4 Instructor Trainer Karen Winselmann.
All IITP Trainers have been hand picked, guide and trained directly by Grand Masters: Romana Kryzanowska, Sari Mejia Santo, Juanita Lopez, and Cynthia Lochard. IITP leveled instructors are held to the highest standards judged solely by Romana's, Sari's, Juanita's and Cynthia's observations regarding their experience, dedication, and prowess as teachers. Such efforts were undertaken in order to offer the highest quality certification program in the industry and to prepare you for a lifetime of teaching Pilates the way Joseph Pilates intended. All study is based on an apprenticeship model of learning that began in Joseph Pilates’ original studio, and has been continued by Romana after she inherited Joe’s legacy.
The program is structured in four (4) stages, which include prerequisite requirements as well as mandatory activities that must be completed before a trainee may progress to the next level. As a guide, we offer the following overview of the first steps towards your apprenticeship.
In order to begin the Romana’s Pilates® IITP, each candidate must exhibit a working knowledge and experience with Pilates. Generally, most successful candidates have been practicing Pilates for a minimum of 50 to 100 hours with a Romana’s Pilates® Certified Instructor Trainer before entering the Romana’s Pilates® IITP. Additionally, a potential candidate should also be able to commit a minimum number of hours per week to be in the studio for apprentice activities.
Before scheduling your initial assessment, it is recommended that you take at least one (1) session at the studio with an IITP trainer.
Initial Assessment Audition
- You will be expected to demonstrate your knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Setting up equipment, as used in the Intermediate System, safely and efficiently according to set standard procedures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Intermediate System exercises on the Reformer, Mat, Cadillac and Chairs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the order and repetitions of Intermediate Systems exercises on Reformer and Mat.
- Demonstrate the physical ability to perform the Intermediate Systems exercises on Reformer and Mat.
- Demonstrate the ability to efficiently flow through the Intermediate Systems exercises utilizing proper transitions.
- Demonstrate the ability to use the appropriate “powerhouse” muscles to accomplish Intermediate System exercises.
- Demonstrate the ability to focus, concentrate, and follow direction.
- Have appropriate attire and hygiene.
- Present yourself in a professional manner and in appropriate condition to undertake a rigorous apprentice training and fully participate in training and seminars.
- Demonstrate an aptitude to perform and learn how to teach exercises.
View pricing for Pure Pilates Instructor Certification, or contact us for more information.
For more information, please refer to the links as follows: